Thruxton started life as an RAF airfield in 1942 and was also home to the US Air Force during WW2. Thruxton was a key airfield for operations during the D-Day landings as well as a base for troop carrying aircraft and gliders. From 1950 to 1965, motorbike races took place on the runways and perimeter road until the race circuit was established in 1968.
The circuit hosts 12 exciting days of motorsport a year with three of those dates devoted to motorcycle racing. The rest of the year is filled with a range of events including driving experiences where you can:
- feel like a race car driver in a wide range of racing and sports cars
- learn how to control a car on the skid pan
- try karting at one of the best outdoor circuits in the country
- go off-road in a Land Rover defender at the 4x4 off-road centre
- Book an experience as a family and there are junior driving experiences for young people over 12 years old*
All experiences are supervised and you'll get expert tuition from instructors.
Thruxton is a thrilling day out for all the family whether you are spectating or taking part. For details of events and to book an experience for yourself or as a gift, visit thruxtonracing.co.uk/
*please note height restrictions apply
Image credit: Thruxton Motorsport Centre
Designed by web-feet